I’m talking with my good friend Katie from Pictures and Postcards Travel about how to plan a Walt Disney World bachelorette party trip.
Katie and I met in 2001 while we were both interns on the Disney College Program at, then, Disney’s MGM Studios. Today Katie plans trips all over the world for her clients, but Disney vacations hold a special place in her heart and are some of her favorite trips to plan!
You guys know I don’t shy away from talking about Disney and neither does Katie, so while this interview is a little over an hour, it’s choc full of information, tips and insights only could only get from two former Cast Members that visit the parks often.
While this interview is centered around planning a girls trip to Walt Disney World, we do mention Disneyland as an option at a few points in our chat for some very specific reasons.
We go into some great detail about what you need to know to plan an unforgettable trip with your best girls. Here is what you’ll find in this interview:
– the soonest you can book
– payment schedules
– Katie’s services are totally free!
– This could depend on what type of trip you want (party time, relaxing, princessy, etc)
– other considerations like weather, crowd size, etc
– Katie can help you determine the best time to go for your budget, availability and the type of trip you want
– Dawn’s top times to go and why
– Katie’s top times to go and why
– when Disneyland in Anaheim, California might be a better option
You can certainly rent an Airbnb or stay off property and save some money on lodging, but we recommend staying at at WDW hotel for a few reasons (and these reasons could reduce the entire cost of your trip!):
– you can skip a car rental
– you’ll save on parking at hotels and parks
– Disney’s Magical Express will take you right to your hotel and back to the airport as well as take care of your luggage to and from the airport.
– free transportation resort wide with Disney buses, monorail, boats and skyway
– extra magic hours
– Your best hotel choice may depend on when you go and what type of trip you’re planning
– Why Katie won’t stay at a Value resort
– other perks
– payment apps
– My Disney Experience Account(s)
– all about Disney dining reservations
– learn about FastPasses
– Magic Band uses
– Memory Maker and Disney PhotoPass
– Book a Disney Bachelorette Party vacation session with Dawn to get a more custom and memorable experience!
– Dawn’s top park picks
– Katie’s top park picks
– where to see unique characters
– drinking around the world
– our top dining picks
– special dining options
– why Disney Springs is an awesome hangout
– how to get Disney Resort exclusive items from your favorite brands like Pandora, Coach and more
– where else to go shopping on Disney property to get unique merchandise
– Disney’s spas are a great option for a little relaxation and pampering and they’re affordable
– other Disney property activities you hadn’t thought of (did you know they have miniature golf?!)
– tours your group might love
– why the Disney VIP Tour might be for you
– post the schedule in your room/suite
– safety first: create a printed and digital sheet with everyone’s emergency contact info
– Links we love
* Disney Food Blog
* for more about Disneyland check out This Fairytale Life
***Full transcript coming soon!***